Naples is a destination for cycling and home to many cyclists — from novices to professionals and tri-athletes.
Driver error and distraction often results in serious or even fatal cycling accidents in Southwest Florida. More frequently, driver cell phone use or texting is leading to serious cycling accidents.
FLORIDA BICYCLE LAWS
Despite strong efforts by Florida cycling advocates and groups in Lee County and Collier County, drivers (and even law enforcement) are often misinformed or uneducated about Florida bicycle laws. This misunderstanding of the law often results in the cyclist being wrongfully blamed for causing an accident. The following are some basic Florida bicycle laws:
- Florida cyclists have the legal right to ride on either the sidewalk or roadway
- Cyclists operating on the roadway are treated as a “vehicle” under Florida law
- A Florida road cyclist may ride on the shoulder but is not legally required to do so
- A Florida road bicyclist must always ride with the flow of traffic and obey all traffic control devices
- A Bicyclist should ride as close as practical to the right shoulder without compromising safety
- A vehicle driver must give a minimum clearance of 3 feet when passing a cyclist
WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY FOR YOUR BICYCLE ACCIDENT CASE
With a biking accident, it is important to hire a cycling accident lawyer who is familiar with Florida Bicycle laws and who can be an aggressive advocate for the cyclist. This is very important because often times the injured bike rider is wrongly blamed for the accident or even cited by the police.
As an avid cyclist and Ironman tri-athlete, Fort Myers bicycle accident lawyer Jason L. Gunter has the familiarity and legal knowledge necessary to help injured cycling victims by bringing his cycling experience to the courtroom. The following are just some of legal areas where Attorney Gunter can help:
- Insurance coverage for Florida cyclists who are injured
- Getting treatment for serious injuries and getting expensive medical bills paid
- Recovering money damages for replacing expensive bikesCompensation related to pain & suffering for broken bones or other serious injuries
- Compensation for lost wages or inability to work for an injured Florida cyclist
- Compensation for families whose loved one is the victim of a fatal bicycle accident
CONTACT JASON GUNTER FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
If you or someone you know has been involved in a bicycle accident, and are in need of immediate legal help, contact Attorney Gunter directly by any of the following methods:
- Call Attorney Gunter’s Office : 239.334.7017
- Confidential E-mail to Attorney Gunter: Jason@gunterfirm.com
Attorney Gunter Gunter will meet you at your home or the hospital if your injuries or anxiety make it difficult to leave.
AREAS OF SERVICE
Attorney Jason L. Gunter handles bicycle accident cases in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Lehigh Acres, Labelle, Naples, Estero, Bonita Springs, Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda, Sarasota (and all other areas of Southwest Florida, including Lee County, Hendry County, Collier County, Charlotte County, Sarasota County and Tampa).
Get In Touch Right Now
And see how we can help your injury or injustice
Hear What Our Clients Have To Say
"Jason is an excellent lawyer who I would recommend highly!"