WHAT IS A SLIP AND FALL CASE?
Attorneys often refer to “slip and fall” cases to describe any situation where a person is injured on public or private party by slipping, tripping, or somehow falling as a result of a dangerous condition. Property owners are responsible for maintaining safe property conditions and keeping their guests, customers, and other members of the public safe from harm. When slippery conditions, negligent maintenance or other dangerous property conditions result in injuries, the injured person may have a claim for money damages against the property owner or other responsible party.
5 IMMEDIATE STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU ARE INURED IN A SLIP AND FALL
- Report – Make sure the fall and injuries are reported to the manager, property owner, or other person in charge
- EMS – Report the fall and describe your injuries to EMS, the hospital and your doctor
- Witnesses – If you are able, get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses – Very Important
- Photographs – If able, take a photo of the condition with a cell phone
- Obtain legal representation – Contact an experienced Fort Myers slip and fall lawyer immediately. In these cases, it is important to consult with an attorney right away to investigate and preserve evidence.
NEVER give a statement to ANY insurance company representative or risk management personnel without first talking to an attorney!
Attorney Gunter is an experienced slip and fall lawyer in Fort Myers, Naples, Lehigh Acres, Cape Coral and throughout Southwest Florida. He is available for an immediate and free consultation if you or someone you know is injured on property. There is no obligation and all slip and fall cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, so there are no fees or costs unless we make a recovery.
TYPES OF SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS OR OTHER ACCIDENTS ON PROPERTY
There are numerous conditions that cause slip and fall accidents, some of the most common are:
- Oil, grease, water, liquids, food or other slippery and unsafe substances on the floor
- A Store or Business Location Failing to Properly Clean Up a Spill or other Hazard
- Poor Lighting
- Unsafe Stair Rails, Balconies or Railings
- Uneven Paving of Walkways or Parking Lots
WHERE DO SLIP AND FALLS USUALLY OCCUR?
A slip and fall accident can occur anywhere from a crowded big box store to an empty parking lot. Some common places slip and fall accidents are:
- Private Residences
- Shopping Mall
- Retail Store
- Public Parks
- Amusement Parks
- Movie Theaters
- Grocery Stores
- Sports Stadiums
- Construction Sites
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON INJURIES CAUSED BY A SLIP AND FALL?
Slip and fall accidents occur when the victim is least expecting it. The injuries from a slip and fall accident can often be very serious. Some of the most common injuries that result from slip and fall accidents are:
- Head Trauma
- Neck Fracture and Strain
- Back Injury
- Broken Arm
- Broken Wrist
- Broken Ankle
- Broken Leg
- Knee Injuries
Jason Gunter is available for an immediate, free, no obligation case evaluation in your accident case.
- Call Attorney Gunter’s Office : 239.334.7017
- E-mail Attorney Gunter: Jason@gunterfirm.com
AREAS OF SERVICE
Slip and fall attorney Jason Gunter handles cases in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Lehigh Acres, Naples, Estero, Bonita Springs, Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda (and all other areas of Lee County, Collier County, Charlotte County and Hendry County). Contact Jason Gunter today to protect your legal rights.
Get In Touch Right Now
And see how we can help your injury or injustice
Hear What Our Clients Have To Say
"My trust in his knowledge of the law never wavered. I would also like to give a positive review to his staff. They were/are professional and extend the same level of care and compassion as Jason. Overall my experience with the Gunter Firm was outstanding."