Aggressive Legal Representation for Injured Pedestrians
Have you suffered serious injuries as result of a pedestrian Accident in Fort Myers? In certain instances a leisurely walk on a beautiful day can turn for the worse when the negligence of a driver or the failure of a party responsible to maintain property results in injury or death to a pedestrian.
5 STEPS TO TAKE IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT
If you have been in a pedestrian accident, you or a family member should take the following initial steps:
- Report – Call the police to report the accident and get the driver’s insurance information
- Injury Photographs – Take photographs of any visible injuries suffered in the crash
- Document Injuries – Communicate to any police officers, EMS, or hospital staff that you are injured and specifically describe the nature of your injuries so it will be included in the Accident Report
- Legal Representation – As soon as you are able, contact an experienced Fort Myers pedestrian accident attorney so you can be advised on your legal rights and the accident can be investigated. Steps should be taken to preserve evidence and identify witnesses
NEVER give a statement to ANY insurance company representative without first talking to a lawyer!
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT?
When a pedestrian is injured due to no fault of their own, generally there are two potential responsible parties:
- A driver who fails to follow the existing traffic laws and injures a pedestrian
- A failure of a party to properly maintain a sidewalk, roadway other pedestrian path which directly results in an injury to the pedestrian.
WHAT CAN CAUSE A DRIVER TO HIT A PEDESTRIAN?
There are numerous causes for pedestrian accidents; most involve the negligent operation of motor vehicle. Some of these common causes include:
- Inattentive or pre-occupied drivers (i.e. texting or talking on a cellphone)
- A driver’s failure to observe posted speed limits.
- A driver’s failure to yield the right of way to pedestrians at marked cross walks.
- A driver’s disregard for traffic control devices.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON INJURIES SUSTAINED IN A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT?
Because of its massive weight and speed, a vehicle that collides with a pedestrian can inflict serious injury or even death to the pedestrian it strikes. The pedestrian’s head, legs, and arms are the most vulnerable. Injuries resulting from motor vehicle/pedestrian collisions are:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Fractured bones
Fort Myers pedestrian accident lawyer Jason Gunter is immediately available to answer all of your pedestrian accident related questions to help you better understand your legal rights.
If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident in Southwest Florida, contact Attorney Gunter directly by any of the following methods:
- Call Attorney Gunter’s Office : 239.334.7017
- E-mail Attorney Gunter: Jason@gunterfirm.com
AREAS OF SERVICE
Jason Gunter has experience in handling pedestrian accident cases in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Lehigh Acres, Naples, Estero, Bonita Springs, Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda (and all other areas of Lee County, Collier County, Charlotte County and Tampa). Contact Jason Gunter to protect your legal rights and to maximize the recovery in your pedestrian accident case that you are owed under the law.
Get In Touch Right Now
And see how we can help your injury or injustice
Hear What Our Clients Have To Say
"Jason is an excellent lawyer who I would recommend highly!"