Recovering on Property Liability Claims in Southwest Florida
A slip and fall can result in terrible injuries. On a level surface, you might sustain sprains, strains, broken bones, herniated disks and head injuries. A fall from height can compound the severity of injuries. Gunterfirm can help you recover for your slip, trip, fall or other premises liability accident. We have 18 years of trial experience and the dogged determination to win you the maximum possible compensation.
Levels of Liability
Property owners have a duty to maintain safe property and warn others about potential dangers. The level of duty depends on the relationship between the owner and others who enter their property, even those who are uninvited, including:
- Invitee: The highest level of care is owed to an invitee, who the owner invites onto the property for commercial purposes, such as a customer, vendor or salesperson. The landlord has the duty to investigate the property for dangerous conditions, make repairs and warn the invitee until the problem can be fixed.
- Licensee: A licensee is a social guest, such as a friend or a neighbor. The landlord must keep property in reasonably safe condition and warn the licensee of known dangers.
- Trespasser: A landlord who knows about the trespassers owes them a limited duty of safety.
- Child trespasser: Because children lack the maturity and experience to understand dangers, a landlord owes them a heightened duty of care, particularly in regards to attractive nuisances, such as a swimming pool, trampoline, playground equipment or an animal on the premises.
Proving Premises Liability
Most premises liability claims arise from the invitee relationship. Our attorney proves that the landlord knew or should have known about the danger and either failed to make repairs or warn you. For example, if you slipped on spilled milk in the supermarket, we present evidence to show:
- The property defect that caused your injuries: Your own testimony is powerful evidence, which we corroborate with eyewitness accounts and photographs, if available.
- How long the hazardous condition existed: We consider the state of the condition when you were injured to prove inadequate inspection of the property. In our example, was the milk discolored or curdled? Had the milk spread or showed signs of repeated foot traffic?
- Your injuries: To prove the nature and extent of your injuries, our attorney relies on doctor’s reports, diagnostic tests and prognosis.
Common Negligence Claims Against Property Owners
Our Naples slip and fall lawyer has experience handling a wide-range of premises liability claims. We can help you recover compensation for accidents caused by:
- Cracked or uneven sidewalk
- Broken stairs step or railing
- Dim lighting
- Overstocked shelves
- Spilled liquid
- Securities lapses
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Swimming pool issues
- Defective playground equipment
Hold the Landlord Liable for Your Slip, Trip and Fall Injuries
Gunterfirm delivers experienced, determined legal services to victims of slips, trips and falls. Call our Naples lawyer at 239.334.7017 to schedule your free, no-risk case evaluation today. Because our law firm handles your claim on a contingency fee basis, you owe us nothing until we recover.
Get In Touch Right Now
And see how we can help your injury or injustice
Hear What Our Clients Have To Say
"I was very impressed that Jason Gunter responded almost immediately to my request through his web site. He is very knowledgeable and provided concise professional information to questions."