Protecting the Rights of Patients in Southwest Florida
You trust your doctor to provide you with medical attention that will improve your health. When instead you are injured, the experience can leave you feeling vulnerable and alone. Gunterfirm is available to hold your doctor accountable for your injuries and recover the monetary compensation you need to regain your health. Our firm handles medical malpractice claims against doctors, surgeons, nurses, dentists, chiropractors, hospitals, labs and other medical professionals and entities that botched your care.
Elements of a Medical Malpractice Claim
To prevail on a claim of medical malpractice, you must present sufficient evidence that shows:
- Your medical provider had a duty of care to you: Typically, the fact that you were a patient is enough to show the duty, but multiple providers — in a hospital setting for instance — can complicate the relationships that give rise to the obligations.
- Relevant standard of care: The actions of your doctor are based on the standard of care expected of a similarly situated doctor.
- Your medical provider breached the duty: Our firm proves the doctor acted or omitted to act in a manner that did not conform to the relevant standard of care.
- You were injured because of the breach: We show that your injuries resulted from the doctor’s actions, not from a preexisting condition, an intervening event or an unrelated cause.
- Damages you sustained: During our investigation, Gunterfirm gathers evidence of the nature and extent of your injuries and the resulting damages, such as lost income, disability, emotional suffering, pain and reduced enjoyment of your life.
Investigating Your Claim and Collecting Evidence
Our Naples medical malpractice attorney has represented patients for 18 years and has the technical knowledge and trial experience to effectively represent you in your medical malpractice claim. We conduct a full investigation into the circumstances that led to your injuries and collect the crucial knowledge to prove your case, including photographs of your injuries, doctors’ reports, diagnostic test and lab results, eyewitness testimony and expert opinions.
Types of Malpractice Claims We Handle
Often, Gunterfirm files claims against multiple parties in medical malpractice cases, because usually a combination of mistakes caused the injuries. We may name your attending physician, specialists, lab technicians and the hospital where you received treatment, for example, in such claims as:
- Failure to diagnose a disease
- Improper treatment for your condition
- Failure to warn about risks of treatment
- Surgical error
- Nursing error
- Birth defects and delivery errors
- Overdose or under-dose of anesthesia
- Pharmaceutical mistake
Recover From Medical Professionals Who Provided Negligent Care
Gunterfirm represents patients injured by negligent doctors, specialists, hospitals, lab technicians and other medical professionals and entities. Call 239.334.7017 to schedule an appointment with our experienced medical malpractice law firm to learn more about recovering for the damages caused by a medical mistake. Our firm handles your claim on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay us until we recover.
Get In Touch Right Now
And see how we can help your injury or injustice
Hear What Our Clients Have To Say
"Jason and his staff were diligent in responding to any calls or emails. They always took the time to fully understand my situation and answer my questions thoroughly. This practice made a very challenging and stressful situation easy, understandable and comfortable. The professionalism of the entire company is unparalleled. I highly recommend them their services."